Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Balance

I have been thinking, do I actually have sufficient time for my work? Can I balance my music commitments with my work? Apart from the usual CCA, remedial, I still have third language and piano lessons. Looking at my timetable, I realised that the only weekday I might be free is Monday. Compared to the past in primary school when i had 3 hours of playtime daily, this is really very little rest.

I considered to stop learning piano anymore. Although the lessons are not time consuming, the piano exams has forced me to practise regularly so that I can ace the exams. My teacher has to teach many students and her timing is very inflexible, hence up till now, I still do not have a fixed date for my piano lessons. However, I have been learning the piano for quite a while, won't it be a waste if I was to stop learning now? Perhaps maybe after I pass the grade 8 exams. I am in a dilemma.

The other commitment I can give up is my third language, Japanese. I have been learning this since secondary 1. Even though my grades were never good, I still learn Japanese as it is both fun and interesting. It's definitely a waste to stop learning it.

What should I do? It's really difficult to balance my time. Perhaps I should just wait a while longer before making any decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment