Monday, March 16, 2009

Sarimbun Scout Camp

On the 11th of march, I had a camp at Sarimbun campsite. It is a 3-day 2-night camp. I had a hard time gathering the essential items for the camp. At the camp, under the sweltering sun, I got a sunburn on my shoulders. We slept in the tents for the two nights.
On the first day, we waited for a very long time for our meals. We had to cheer a lot before could fill our stomachs. The first day had little activities, including campfire preparations, Problem Solving activities etc. I could not sleep well on that night well firstly because I was not very tired, secondly, there was much noise outside the tents. Some inconsiderate pupils were the culprits.
On the second day, we had a longer string of activities, including fitness games, team-building games, rafting etc. In these activities, we learnt to work as a team by working out solutions for the different problems we face. We also cheered enthusiastically whenever possible, to both practice for the campfire and to earn more bonus points. It was a long day. I inevitably slept the very moment i lied down on my sleeping bag.
On the last day, we stike down the tents and cleaned the messy campsite up. We also packed our items before we had our prize presenttion and debrief. Fortunately for our entire group's (pony league) effort, we managed to stand out amongst the 24 groups and won ourselfs a prize (yeah). The best part was when we left the campsite. Home sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment